I am currently being plagued by PPM encoder issues so i have been unable to fly the plane yet but i have forced on and achieved the following:
- Installed Autopilot and failsafe electronics.
- Installed & tested water bottle drop mechanism
- Installed and calibrated IR sensors.
- Installed & tested GPS
- Due to issues with the ppm encoder i have only achieved partial system integration however I am still able to switch between full-auto mode and full-manual mode via a workaround.
The jiffy box houses the Autopilot - Encoder - RC receiver - Failsafe device.
This build log entry details construction of the Borjet Maja airframe specifications for which can be found in a previous blog post here.
Borjet (Germany) have generously decided to sponsor Rescue Robotics to help promote their Maja UAV kit.
The Maja UAV kit has the following specifications:
· Wingspan: 180 cm
· Length: 120 cm
· Weight without battery: 1.5 kg
· Payload (including battery): 1.5 kg
· Base construction material: EPP foam
I will be documenting my build process as I go here on rescuerobotics.com.au
image taken from DIY drones.