Lots of progress since the last update.
- The Ground Station is now mostly working.
- The FPGA based autopilot is now at a stage where it is ready for gain tuning, ground testing and semi autonomous flight.
- Interface electronics has been debugged and is almost complete.
I put the drone in the back of the car and took it for a ride around the block. Everything seems to be working which is fantastic!
Screen shot of the ground station, there seems to be some discrepancy between what the GPS is telling me and the location shown Google Earth. I am fairly confident that the GPS is reading correctly so I have a feeling that this could be an inaccuracy in Google Earth (more investigation needed though).
Mounted autopilot, the bottom board is the NI-sbRIO 9606 and the top board is the custom interface daughter card that has:
- Four RS232 ports
- Four I2C
- Eight 12 Bit A to D converters
- 10 PWM in
- 10 PWM out (with high current 6V rail)
- Dual redundant power supply inputs
- Digi 9Xtend 1W RF modem
- 5 High current relay outputs
- 25 General 5V IO
This build log entry details construction of the Borjet Maja airframe specifications for which can be found in a previous blog post here.